Türkiye Scholarships Postgraduate Programmes are full government funded programmes for successful international students from all over the world for postgraduate studies in Turkey.
Postgraduate scholarships are:
- Ali Kuşçu Science and Technology Scholarship Programme
- İbni Haldun Social Sciences Scholarship Programme
- Yunus Emre Turkish Language Scholarship Programme
- Islamic Theology Scholarship Programme
Candidates can apply only one scholarship programme in accordance with their educational background and academic goals.
Türkiye Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and programme among their preferences specified in the online application form.
Most programmes in Turkish universities are instructed in Turkish. However, some departments and universities offer programmes in English, French or German. The candidates who want to study in these languages need to have an internationally recognized certificate to prove their language proficiency. Also, most of these foreign language programmes may ask international admission test scores such as GRE, GMAT etc. Candidates can check the language of instruction while selecting the programmes.
For a detailed list of departments, universities and frequently asked questions please visit: www.trscholarships.org
The Scholarship Covers…
- Monthly stipend (app. 375 USD for master’s, 500 USD for doctorate)
- Full tuition fee
- Free 1-year Turkish language course
- Free state-run dormitory accommodation
- Round-trip air ticket
- Health insurance
Eligibility for Postgraduate Programmes
To be eligible for postgraduate programmes, applicants must;
- be a citizen of a country other than Turkey (Anyone holding or ever held Turkish citizenship before cannot apply)
- not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying.
- be a bachelor’s or master’s degree holder by 30th of June 2014 at the latest
- be under the age of 30 for master’s programmes (no earlier than 01.01.1984)
- be under the age of 35 for doctorate programmes (no earlier than 01.01.1979)
- have at least 75 % cumulative grade point average or diploma grade over their maximum graduation grade or have at least 75 % success in any accepted national or international graduate admissions test.
- be in good health
- Online application form (provided at the website)
- A copy of a bachelor or master’s diploma or document indicating that the candidate is bachelor or master’s senior student
- A certified bachelor and/or master’s transcript (indicating courses taken and relevant grades of the candidate)
- A copy of a valid ID card (passport, national ID, birth certificate etc.)
- Passport photo
Candidates are supposed to;
- go to www.turkiyeburslari.org or www.trscholarships.org,
- click the online application form,
- create an account by entering an e-mail and password,
- read the application guide,
- log in to the system and fill out the application form,
- upload the required documents,
- and finally finish the application.
Türkiye Scholarships Now Accepting 2014 Postgraduate Applications - As one of the most comprehensive scholarship programs of the world, Turkiye Scholarships 2014 Postgraduate Applications are now open -. Application Deadline is 31 March 2014.
Türkiye Scholarships Postgraduate Programmes are full government funded programmes for successful international students from all over the world for postgraduate studies in Turkey. Türkiye Scholarships offer both scholarship and admission to Turkey’s best universities.
Türkiye Scholarships enable candidates to study in a range of postgraduate programmes including but not limited to engineering, political science, international relations, technology, economy, business administration, agriculture, humanities and social sciences, Islamic studies, regional studies, Turkish language.
Scholarship opportunities provided to students is also quite remarkable. Monthly stipend - for master students is app. 375 USD and for Ph.D. student app. 500 USD. Students are exempt from tuition fee and benefit one year free Turkish language course in their universities’ language education centers. Winning students are also provided free accommodation at newly renovated state-run dormitories Scholarship opportunities are not limited to these. Students are provided return flight ticket for the first arrival to Turkey and for the return after graduation. Students are covered with health insurance during their study in Turkey and can benefit public hospitals for free and private hospitals by paying a small difference.
In 2014, following programmes are offered in Postgraduate Scholarships: Ali Kuşçu Science and Technology Scholarship Programme, İbni Haldun Social Sciences Scholarship Programme, Yunus Emre Turkish Language Scholarship Programme, Islamic Theology Scholarship Programme. Candidates can apply most suitable programme for themselves.
Most programmes in Turkish universities are taught in Turkish. However, some departments and universities offer programmes in English, French or German as well.
Türkiye Scholarships officials say that candidates can apply easily to the scholarship by filling online application form and uploading necessary documents at www.trscholarships.org web address.
For application conditions, required documents, frequently asked questions and application please visit: www.trscholarships.org / www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr